2020 Elections Calendar
2021 Elections Calendar
Locate Your Polling Place
Secretary of State Links
Search Election Results
Search Election Dates
Become a Candidate
The Clerk of Court is the Chief Elections Officer for Plaquemines Parish who is responsible for the entire election process on every Election Day.
Elections are held as scheduled by the Louisiana Secretary of State. Every election, the Clerk of Court must staff and manage the multiple polling locations throughout Plaquemines Parish. This requires the work and commitment of nearly 100 election commissioners who must be trained to handle the complexities of the voting process
Early Voting is the responsibility of the Registrar of Voters. If you need information regarding voter registration or the early voting process, please contact the Plaquemines Parish Registrar of Voters at (504) 934-3620.
Elections cannot be successful without active citizen participation. The Clerk of Court encourages all citizens of Plaquemines Parish to get involved in making sure YOUR elections are run as effectively and efficiently as possibleTo Be an Election Commissioner, one must
- Be a registered voter of Plaquemines Parish who does not require assistance in voting;
- Not have been convicted of an election offense enumerated in Chapter 10, Title 18 Louisiana Revised Statutes;
- Attend a training course and pass a test.
- Fulfill the requirements of an Election Commissioner;
- Serve as an Election Commissioner in at least two elections during the last four years;
- Attend annual Commissioner-in-Charge training course held between August 1 and December 31, and pass a test.
- A great opportunity to support his/her community;
- Confidence that he/she is making a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in Plaquemines Parish.